INGREDIENTS (MAKES 6 CUPS)
- 1 head cauliflower (720 g/ 1.6 lb)
- Remove the leaves and the hard center core of the cauliflower and cut into
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and drain
- Once dry, grate with a hand grater or in a food processor with a grating (or regular) blade. Pulse until it looks like rice. A grating blade will make it look closer to real rice. Don’t overdo it – it only takes a few more seconds to make purée out of
- Cook the cauli-rice using the following tips or place in an airtight container and store up to 4 days. Done!
Place in a steam pot and cook for 5-7 minutes. Otherwise, place in an airtight container and store up to 4 days.
Place the processed cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook on medium-high for 5-7 minutes. You won’t need any water when cooking in the microwave. Season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Pan roasting:
You can briefly cook the “rice” on a pan greased with butter or ghee or add directly to the pot with meat or sauce you plan to serve it with.
- Oven cooking:
Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Spread the grated cauli-rice over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 12-15 minutes flipping 2-3 times.
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving, 1 1/2 cups)
TOTAL CARBS: 6 g FIBER: 2.4 g
NET CARBS: 3.6 g PROTEIN: 2.3 g
FAT: 0.3 g
CALORIES: 30 kcal MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (54%)
MAGNESIUM: 18 mg (5% RDA)
POTASSIUM: 358 mg (18% EMR)